tỷ lệ kèo trực tuyến

Institutional Approvals

Institutional approval is required for any research that proposes to use resources, data, programs and/or services of PHSA or its agencies, or its patients/clients/residents/staff.

You must obtain institutional approval before you start your research project. Approval is required from the departments and/or managers where you will be: 

  • Utilizing PHSA property, resources and/or facilities (including research conducted in clinics, use of radiation, pharmacy, laboratory and pathology services, and use of health records)
  • Involving patients and staff 

The approval process and forms vary across PHSA, so make sure in advance that you’ve considered all the resources needed at all sites.  

?Principal Investigators applying to conduct research at any program on the Children’s and Women’s campus, or utilizing C&W resources, are responsible for completing the relevant Program & Resource Utilization Forms and getting them signed by the appropriate individuals. Check the Signing Authorities register for the most updated list of signatories.

Once completed and signed by the appropriate program or resource areas, scanned forms should be emailed to cwreb@bcchr.ubc.ca (be sure to include your H number in the subject line) . Please note that for all programs that fall under BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre, as per BC Women's policy, the signature of the Program Director/Manager, Medical Director and President of BC Women's are required.

After all forms have been received by the REB, an institutional certificate can be issued. No study can be initiated until both an institutional certificate and REB approval have been obtained.

Required Forms

?At the BC Cancer Agency, the institutional approval is part of the grant application package. When submitting a grant, a standard signature package is required, including:

? BC Cancer Agency Cover Sheet Form

? Summary of the research proposal

? Budget summary and justification

? Funder signature pages 

? University cover sheet (if applicable)  

The Cover Sheet Form includes a resource impact statement, and must be signed off by both the BC Cancer Agency department head and VP Research (or delegate). It should be noted that clinical trials research (System and Radiation Therapy) at the BC Cancer Agency follows a separate process for institutional approvals and is under the purview of the BC Cancer Agency Clinical Trials Unit and Radiation Oncology Research department. Clinical trials undergo a departmental approval process prior to undertaking the REB process and then proceed to institutional approvals. Contact these departments directly for additional information.


BCCDC does not require a formal institutional approval. When their research studies are initiated, researchers should advise all affected departments.   

BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) has a formal application process for all research requiring use of BCEHS resources, including human resources, privacy, information management, technology, equipment, operations, etc. Researchers should complete a Research Partnership Application and submit it to the Director of Research. This office is able to approve smaller studies; larger scale studies are escalated to the Provincial Medical Leadership Committee for approval.  


Researchers at Forensics Psychiatric Services Commission (FPSC) must complete an Approval to Conduct Research Form and the Application and Agreement for Research. These forms, along with a certificate of approval from an applicable research ethics board, are submitted to the FPSC Research Committee for review. If approved, the committee will provide a formal institutional letter of approval and research can begin.



SOURCE: Institutional Approvals ( )
Page printed: . Unofficial document if printed. Please refer to SOURCE for latest information.

Copyright ? Provincial Health Services Authority. All Rights Reserved.

    Copyright ? 2018 Provincial Health Services Authority