The Redevelopment Project is a three-phase, multi-year initiative to build the new Teck Acute Care Centre (Teck ACC) and renovate facilities at BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre.
- Phase 1: Expansion and relocation (2010-2014) (Complete)
- Phase 2: Teck Acute Care Centre (2014-2017)
- Phase 3: Renovation, relocation and expansion (2018-2019)
The project is currently in Phase 2: Teck Acute Care Centre at BC Children's Hospital.
Using a collaborative approach, we will achieve a never-before-seen standard of health care design and delivery in British Columbia. This means that by the end of 2017, caregivers will be able to continue providing excellent care to the families, women and children of BC in a brand new building.
As a province-wide referral centre, the new facility will be able to meet the growing demand and provide superior access to an interdisciplinary team as part of the overall health care treatment.
The Teck ACC features eight floor of clinical space, approximately 59,400 sq.metres (640,000 sq. feet), and includes:
- medical/surgical inpatient units;
- an emergency department;
- medical imaging and procedural suites;
- high-risk birthing and neonatal intensive care unit;
- hematology/oncology department; and
- a pediatric intensive care unit.
For information inquiries about the the project, contact:
C&W Redevelopment Information Line
Call: 1-855-857-3897 (M-F, during regular business hours)