The PHSA Board has approved the Internal Audit Charter (PDF), creating the Office of Internal Audit at PHSA.
A service and advisory support role, Internal Audit has the following objectives:
- Provide independent support for the effective operation of the internal control system;
- Ensure financial and operational risks are understood and appropriately managed.
- Promote the establishment of best practices.
- Identify opportunities for pragmatic efficiency and effectiveness improvements, primarily in internal controls and risk analysis.
- Advise on matters regarding internal controls and risk management.
- Provide leadership to key decision-makers in the identification of business, finance and control risks.
- Advise stakeholders regarding risk mitigation.
- Monitor and evaluate risk management procedures and internal controls
- Provide financial, operational, and comprehensive assurance services
- Support the corporate governance and public accountability process.
- Communicate collaboratively with key stakeholders